Quarterbore.Net Forums

Go Back   Quarterbore's Forums > Knife Forums > Buck-186 Titanium
Home Forums Classifieds Photo Server FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2005, 11:30 AM
Administrator

My new addition - Mickey Finn autographed Buck-186 Titanium

I have been looking for a Buck-186 for a few months now and if someone was to look at my projects it should be clear that I am fascinated by Qual-A-Tec and Charles "Mickey" Finn. Well, when I spotted the knife that follows I bid more on this knife then I had bid on anything on EBAY in a long time and I am quite happy to see that I didn't get a divorce because someone else wanted this knife as baddly as I did!

Here is the knife on EBAY!

Following is the description of this knife from the auction!

Buck 186 Titanium NIB box signed by legendary designer

This is an early, Patent Pending, Buck 186 Titanium knife that is new and unused other than to open and show the blade. The box shows some light storage wear as can be seen in the photos. It is not commonly known that the legendary Charles "Mickey" Finn, designer of the Buckmaster knife and the Phrobis M9 Multipurpose Bayonet System also designed the Buck 186. Buck Knives never publicized this fact. The 186 received Blade Magazine's Knife of the Year award in the late 80's. The box for this knife was signed by Mickey Finn. I will provide literature and photos related to Mr. Finn who is now retired, but still actively designs special products including a revolutionary golf putter. There is no reserve on this item, jut a ridiculoulsy low starting bid. Collectors know the value of this knife.

I swapped e-mails with the seller of this knife and in addition to giving me permision to use the images and descriptions here he provided some other interesting information about Mickey Finn and Phrobis that I will be getting on here and the websites (www.buck-184.com and www.M9Bayonet.com) when I get a chance!