Quarterbore.Net Forums

Go Back   Quarterbore's Forums > The Front Office > Site Announcements
Home Forums Classifieds Photo Server FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Exclamation Welcome to out NEW home...

Sorry about the site being down the past day. I had a problem with some hacker that managed to find a script on another website on this server that they were able to abuse and the hosting company turned off the server on me until the problem could be identified.

Ends up the script was a geneology script I had purchased and while I do not know how they did this yet I do have confirmation that it is the script that was the problem and it has been removed from the server to prevent this in the future.

As for the server move, we are not a large site by any measure but combined my various sites do generate enough trafic that I am moving all of the sites on this server (less the problem script that caused the blackout) to a new server that I actually purchased just over a week ago.

So, expect that somewhere in the next couple weeks that you may see things looking a little funny as I work to move things to our new home. Sorry for the problems of the past 24-hrs and I am working to ensure that this does not happen again.