Quarterbore.Net Forums

Go Back   Quarterbore's Forums > Knife Forums > Buck M9 Bayonet Topics
Home Forums Classifieds Photo Server FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
M9 Bayonet Collectors Club

I can't say with absolute certainty that no Phrobis/Buck scabbards had date codes, but I can't recall ever seeing any. The clips used by LanCay (and Lan-Cay) have a date code.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:22 PM

Sir,Thankyou for your help in this matter,much appreciated.I will keep a lookout for another,and ask other collectors,but for now it will remain a scarce bayonet with an odd buckle.

Regards Jay
Old 05-13-2015, 02:57 AM

Found another one

[IMG][/IMG]I found another Aussie Buck m9 without the date code on the buckle,that makes two in my humble collection like this.Any one else have one like this?[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-13-2015, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
M9 Bayonet Collectors Club

I may be mistaken, but I believe that most, if not all, the Australian M9 bayonets have a Fastex clip without a date. Have you seen any WITH a date? If so, what was the date? I suspect that any of them that are dated have replacement parts installed on an original scabbard body.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:33 PM

Aussie m9s

Sir,I have 18 Aussie m9s in my collection.Three mint,all others used to some degree.

All except two have date coded buckles showing 1991 as the year of manufacture as per contract.The month of manufacture varies between January and December of that year,with most being made in March,at least in the ones I have anyway.

None looked to have been altered in any way from the mint examples with regards to the webbing with the exception of one that has had a Lan-Cay belt attachment piece used to replace a missing or lost Buck/Phrobis piece.

[IMG][/IMG]I have either a lot of common pieces(dated 1991)or uncommon pieces depending on which is correct.I feel the dated pieces are correct based simply on the fact there are more of them,although I may be wrong.Wisdom is knowledge shared.Thankyou