Quarterbore.Net Forums

Go Back   Quarterbore's Forums > Title 1 Weapons Forums > FNFAL Topics
Home Forums Classifieds Photo Server FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 11:47 PM

My Ohio Rapid Fire FAL

I have had this one a few years now and it is my go-to MBR for most of the competitions I shoot in were iron sights are required. I have a DSA railed cover on it but I shoot this gun so well with the irons I never have a scope on it. It was built with an Imbel lower and mostly DSA internals. Function is very reliable and it has eaten some gnarly surplus without a hiccup. I have never been fond of the trigger in this one however and this winter it will go to Williams Trigger Specialties for a standard trigger job. I have thought about a "set" trigger in this and if I shot it much with a scope I probably would but I recently bought a CETME I am rebuilding that shoots well enough for me to make it my scoped .308 semi.

I really think the FN/FAL is one of the finest 30 caliber MBRs ever made.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:12 AM

I read your post twice, and realized you are just expressing your satisfaction with your rifle, right? I am happy for you. My Imbel brings me great satisfaction in my investment.