View Full Version : DPMS ?'s

Greywuuf
05-29-2005, 03:35 AM
Anyone with firsthand experience on the DPMS 308's ? just ordered one for a customer and it will be some weeks before it arrives and I was wondering how they rated ?

ARCollector
06-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Although I do not own one persoanlly, I am purchasing an armalite for a subsonic project just for the name and reslae. I have never heard anything at all bad about them, only good.

Wrangler
07-20-2006, 12:41 AM
I just ordered an upper from J&S. I think it is an Olympic. Any thoughts?

RemMax
12-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Anyone with firsthand experience on the DPMS 308's ? just ordered one for a customer and it will be some weeks before it arrives and I was wondering how they rated ?

My own AR10 is a Armalite 50th Aneversery however a fellow shooter at my range has a DPMS with the Heavy Upper and I found it to be both a nice looking rifle as well as every bit as acurate as my own Armalite.
We both own GemTech TPRS Suppressors and compared our rifles both with suppressors and without.
The biggest advantange to the DPMS in my opinion is the price, Hell paid a hell of a lot less for his than I did mine and both perform equally on the range!
Since neither of us have ant interest in selling our rifle I can't say about the resell value but then mine is the Limited Edition Colectors model anyway and his has the Heavy Built Upper receiver (not sure what they call it now)
I beleive anyone who buy's one will be happy with it.
Just my .02

Tracker
02-22-2008, 01:47 PM
My own AR10 is a Armalite 50th Aneversery however a fellow shooter at my range has a DPMS with the Heavy Upper and I found it to be both a nice looking rifle as well as every bit as acurate as my own Armalite.
We both own GemTech TPRS Suppressors and compared our rifles both with suppressors and without.
The biggest advantange to the DPMS in my opinion is the price, Hell paid a hell of a lot less for his than I did mine and both perform equally on the range!
Since neither of us have ant interest in selling our rifle I can't say about the resell value but then mine is the Limited Edition Colectors model anyway and his has the Heavy Built Upper receiver (not sure what they call it now)
I beleive anyone who buy's one will be happy with it.
Just my .02

Thats what I like a good honest opinion with no bias!:nanabang:

Lazerus2000
02-27-2011, 05:05 AM
All three of my DPMS built R25s shoot sub-moa
PROS:
VERY accurate, all of mine do sub-moa groups with 168 Gr HPBT,
AND have sub-moa from one with 110 Gr, 150 gr, and 200 gr FACTORY SP hunting ammo

Zero reliability problems so far

DPMS lowers take the GREAT plastic Pmags

the Rem R25 is the least expensive AR 10 variant available ...
probably cheaper than building one from parts. I bought THREE R25s for less than the cost of one of the big budget AR 10 rifles.

CONS:
HORRIBLE triggers [ easily fixed with any decent drop in trigger ]
SOFT, chip prone camo paint job [ a pain to strip ]
DPMS changed the height of the upper receiver rail ...
new lower rail model is NOT compatible for height with after market hand guards ]

PS: I have previously owned and rebuilt about three dozen of the OLD Original Dutch built AR 10s, and IMHO these old ones were the best AR 10 ever built NO AR 15 PARTS used to save money
eg: the original AR 10 had a bigger buffer tube, so the bolt was full diameter all the way.