View Full Version : DIAS for the AR10...

40mmpumpgun
04-28-2005, 04:43 PM
You may have noticed on Kens' web pages about the infamous AR10 DIAS. Ken has been way too busy with other projects to update his web pages so he reccomended we do it this way until he does have some spare time to get it done. I developed it and am currently manufacturing them for sale. These are a post sample machinegun and can only be transfered to LE, military or another Class 2 SOT with an LE demo letter. This one was quite a challenge for me. What makes this DIAS so special is that it does not require any other select fire control parts to function, unlike that of the standard AR15/16 drop in sear. Drop it in and "rock "n" roll". Simply remove it, and you still have a title 1 weapon. It really gives true meaning back to the name "DIAS". If you own an AR10, you will come to realize that they did literally stuff 10lbs. into a 5lb. bag here. This made it much more difficult for fit and function. I am currently demonstrating the weapon with an 11.5" barrel. The gun is quite easier to control than one might be led to believe. I have been putting thousands of rounds throught it and the sear hasn't missed a beat. If you have been to Knob Creek, you might of seen myself running it there. I will try to get some video up on it for your viewing pleasure real soon. If you want to see some more pics of it and the host gun, just let me know. I can answer all your questions if you have any. Thanks Brian @ Canal Side Gun 585-217-1236

Quarterbore
04-28-2005, 05:25 PM
For those that have not seen the page, this is what 40mmpumpgun is talking about. Here is a photo and more pics and details are at the link:

http://quarterbore.com/images/ar10autoconnector_02_small.jpg
http://quarterbore.com/nfa/ar10autoconnector.html

As for the AR-10 in full-auto, I have looked at my own AR-10 and my SWD Lightning Link (http://www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=177) and I have considered doing the really minor mods to make one of my own AR-10s run in R&R mode... as pointed out, I just don't have enough hours in my day to do all I want to do...

Now, do you have a way to get a couple pics that shows one of these babies sitting in an AR-10?

40mmpumpgun
05-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Here are a few pics that you asked to see.. The AR10 is sporting a shortened barrel with a custom bird cage flash enhancer. I lightened the Carrier a "tad" for a faster cyclic rate. I think I will try a collapsable stock now that Armalite is offering some. The question is, "what will I have to do to get it to run 100% with a collapsable on it". Time will tell. The handguards are standard M4. They fit right on with no altering. I will try to get some good Video of it soon.
Let me know if you need to know anything else. Questions... Comments...
Let me know
Brian

40mmpumpgun
05-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Ken, if this is too many , let me know. Thanks Brian

gt3499a
05-17-2005, 06:26 PM
seems like in any of the AR-10 calibers select fire operation would be essential.

Quarterbore
05-17-2005, 07:30 PM
I assume you needed to Mill the lower receiver deeper to allow this to fit... correct? Did you need to do any modifications to the upper receiver?

I sure wish I had my SOT with Demo Love letter as that looks like a world of fun!

taylorwso
10-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Can someone explain why a regular dias wont work in the ar10 if it uses the same trigger. Im a bit slow in figuring it out.

Steve

Quarterbore
11-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Sorry I never replied to your question...

The standard AR-15 DIAS will not work with the AR-10 because the rear lug on the AR-10 upper receiver is too large to allow the DIAS to fit around.

Now, I have posted elsewhere that I believe that if a person was to weld up the rear takedown pin holes on an AR-10 upper and lower receiver and then mill the takedown pin to AR-15 sizes and if you are careful to ensure that yur spacing is correct that the DIAS for the AR-15 could drive the AR-10 as well.

Given the $10,000 or more price of a rDIAS the cost to do these modifications to an AR-10 are not all that expensive to have done!

40mmpumpgun
11-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Utilizing that information, I would have to say "maybe" that it might work. You would still need to put the AR10 "under the knife" and install all those ugly extra fire control parts just to make the standard DIAS work.
That is the "beauty of my beast". It allows fullauto function without all those extra internals added. No more screwing around! Drop it in and rock n' roll. Open her up and dump it out! Its that simple.

40mmpumpgun
11-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Hello Ken. Do you think you will ever update your web page on this? We are going on almost 3 years now. No digs, just asking. Brian

Quarterbore
11-18-2005, 02:53 PM
I have not made any updates to the Quarterbore.com website because it just takes too much time and effort... One of these days I want to convert it to a PHP driven website using style sheets as then it will be much easier for me to maintain.

Give me some advise on what you would like me to add or change... be specific... and I will update the code. I may not get to it still for some time as this time of year I am always way too busy!