View Full Version : DPMS LR-308B Handguard / Suppressor Suggestions

AngusBangus
09-05-2009, 10:31 PM
I have an LR-308B (18" bull barrel and carbine-length gas system) that I am kitting out. This is my first 308 black rifle and I'm looking for some input. I have an Aimpoint Comp M3 and a planar set of BUIS. I will also be adding a vertical grip/bpod and a magnifier for the Aimpoint for situations in which I might need to take a >300yd shot. My issue... I don't yet have a handguard with rails. So far, the only CAR-length options I can find that specifically state compatibility with DPMS are the Daniel Defense rails and the JP Enterprises rails. I would prefer the modular JPE design, though it is moderately more pricey for the whole setup, but they are not currently available. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, flames to help me better acquire my target equipment?

Finally, I intend to add a supressor so the weapon will be ready to roll into any situation. I've looked at the Yankee Hill Phantom, but not much further based on recommendations from a few LEO-types I work with. That said, I am open to input... please pile on.

Thanks,
AngusBangus

nwcid
09-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I currently own 4 suppressors, .22, 9mm, 9mm integral, .30 cal (.300 win mag rated).

The AAC 7.62 SD (http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=51) came out after I got my .30 cal or that is what I would have got. It is a great can. Quick detach. Quality. Can be used on anything smaller then .308 too (.300 Whisper, .243, .223, ect).

Even though a have a .30 cal can I have still debated about getting an SD after using one.