View Full Version : Custom Order AR-10, What should I get?

nra_guns_winner
11-02-2007, 03:40 PM
I need help on what to buy and what not to buy, I will purchase something in the next few weeks. I'm simply in love with Item #11 on the web sight below
http://www.ar-10-rifles.com/index.php

I also love the way DPMS has their web sight set up so you can customize out the wazoo. I like the following customized DPMS LR-308

LR-308 $1154
Bolt carrier upgrade $50
A3 style upper with brass deflector/dustguard $80
Magpul PRS stock $230
Egro grip $29
JP trigger $139

TOTAL = $1720

Well can someone talk me into this or out of this. Thanks

AlcoholicusMaximus
05-21-2008, 02:45 AM
I have an Armalite AR10A4 w/PRI FF handguard . My tuned handloads are getting MOA. I hear Accuracy Speaks kicks ass, but your custom DPMS will probably be just as accurate.Spend the extra $ on a reliable, precision optic.

jarhead1086
05-23-2008, 12:26 AM
The Alcoholic is right. My Accuracy Speaks AR-10 shoots good (Douglas blank) and definitely spend some $$ on a good scope. The one thing to watch for is weight. Mine is so heavy that I don't carry it, I just shoot at the bench or from a position near my vehicle. Check out barrels from ABS. I'm in the process of getting one of their carbon fiber barrels. They have finally overcome all the problems that others have had. Heat disapation, carbon's negative thermal expansion etc. A rifle you can easily carry is one that you will use often and get your money's worth from. Read on their site, but be prepared to pay.